LINCOLN COUNTY REQUIRES PERMITS FOR THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF PROJECTS
- New homes to include manufactured housing either with or without a foundation.
- Decks with attached roofs, Patio covers, awnings and carports, room additions, Garages and outbuildings, patio enclosures, screened porches.
- Basement finishes and remodeling.
- Installation of additional windows or doors, replacement of windows or doors with larger ones.
- All structural modifications.
This is not a complete list, but a sample of some of the projects that do require a permit.
BEST ADVICE IS TO CALL BEFORE YOU BUILD
BUILDING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED IN LINCOLN COUNTY
The Land Use Office handles all of the building permits for the unincorporated portion of the county to include the town of Karval, as well as the unincorporated section of Limon. Lincoln County is zoned as an agricultural area and a conforming lot size is 160 acres and any lot smaller does require a special Development permit before and building can take place, the minimum lot size that can be reviewed for a Development permit or building permit is 35 acres. June 2023 the Lincoln County Board of County Commissioners did adopt the 2018 IRC and IBC as the building code standard, at a minimum and all building must conform to those standards as well as pass all of the required inspection of both the County and State.
- Building Permit Extension
- Utility Permit
- Development Permit Application
- Oil & Gas Exploration Or Seismic Activities Permit
- Lincoln County Zoning Resolution: Revised May 2017
- 2022 Lincoln County Subdivision Regulations
- 2000 Lincoln County Comprehensive Plan
- 2018 Manufactured Housing Installation Handbook (DOH)